As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible to engage the tech team, push the technical bar very high, be very close to the evolution and quality of deliverables, as well as contribute to product development in alignment with the product roadmap.
You will join a team of currently 3 engineers and help us grow the team to make sure we deliver user growth and the product roadmap. That means improving our mobile app, integrating with a variety of payment transaction infrastructures in different countries, preparing our backend and databases to scale and a lot of other fun architecture challenges.
Quansa grew 5.2x in 2022 while reducing burn by 30%, which means we are good at growing more while spending less, and we expect to continue growing faster in 2023, given our pipeline and ambitious goals.
- Understand the business and act as a bridge between the business goals, product vision and technical feasibility
- You will be making technical decision on a daily basis, helping us balance speed and robustness according to the long strategic needs of our technology
- You will manage the team workflow, create and manage performance metrics
- Recruit and build a strong, cohesive and technically excellent team
- Closely follow the development process and help the team make technical decisions and create documentation
- Implement processes and routines to ensure the highest standards of technical quality, team alignment and cohesion
- Conduct 1:1s and take it as a personal mission to develop the team members
- You must have a proven record of articulating tech decisions with business goals and stakeholders
- You must have had experience managing at least 2 small teams (e.g., 2 teams of 2 engineers)
- Experience implementing and working with processes methodologies (preferably Kanban)
- Ability to prioritize
- Experience in product development